All you must know about the PGDM courses offered at GIBS
Brief on GIBS PGDM course
Global Institute of Business Studies (GIBS) offers its flagship PGDM programme in the field of management. Considered one of the best business schools in Bangalore, this programme by GIBS Bangalore is one of the most prestigious and highly rated in the country. The course is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The PGDM course at GIBS helps students in learning the intricacies of management and also sharpens their minds to tackle the everyday impediments that are faced in field management. The course is specifically designed to embed essential skills and capabilities within students to become competent future leaders. The learnings taught in the course help build critical skills and abilities to hold managerial positions in diverse industries or firms.
The programme aims at preparing the students for the global and social issues that they might face thereby helping them develop the ability to deal with them. The course equips the students with an amalgamation of characteristics to handle any situation they face in their professional life.
GIBS offers Dual Specializations in the following domains
- Marketing Management (Mandatory)
With the current market scenario, every management graduate must be aware of how the marketing field operates. Therefore, Marketing Management is a mandatory specialization for a management aspirant at GIBS. There are diverse fields of marketing where an MBA aspirant specializing in marketing may pursue his/her career. The skillset developed during the programme makes them fit for other career options as well, including entrepreneurial and consulting management.
- Finance management specialization in finance balances the analytical study with management classes. It can also be a great way to direct your career toward C-suite jobs in the evergreen field of finance. GIBS, with its summer placement specifically for the finance field, allows students to get in-depth knowledge and hone their skills in this domain.
- Human Resource ManagementWith HR as specialization, GIBS creates people managers. The curriculum in the programme helps the students hone their managerial abilities while working on people skills. They develop strategies for hiring, managing performance, and also rewarding employees.
- International Business ManagementMapping the global dimensions of business, IB management is a specialization that focuses on the international dimensions of management, including finance, marketing, and economics. Students taking IB as their specialization in the course gain an understanding of the international aspects of business in the field of trade, finances, and industrial development.
- Operations & Supply Chain ManagementWith Operations and Supply Chain Management as your specialization, you can gain a richer understanding of the intricacies that companies are facing in today’s global networked economy. A student can master the fundamentals of operations, logistics, planning, sourcing, and strategy with this specialization.
- Business Analytics ManagementA specialization in BA management offers an in-depth introduction to big data analytics for all business professionals, including the ones with no prior analytics experience. The students taking BA as one of their areas of expertise can learn to make data-driven business decisions and achieve fluency in business data strategies.
- Entrepreneurship ManagementTurn your idea into a funded business. With guidance from experts at GIBS, you can develop an entrepreneurial mindset and hone the skills you need to build an organization with high potential for growth and funding or to identify and pursue opportunities for growth within an existing organization.
Scope and Career Opportunities
With a GIBS domain-specific curriculum and highly qualified-experienced faculties, the PGDM course is designed to build essential capabilities and skills within a student to possess managerial positions in various companies and firms. The programme offers more of a practical approach to make the students responsible for their duty towards society.
At GIBS, every student is united by their passion and ambition to invest in their careers. However, students at GIBS receive unparalleled learnings and career opportunities that give them an extra edge over others. Despite coming from different geographic backgrounds, levels of experience, and career aspirations, they all go through standard teaching methodologies and industrial exposure.
Why choose GIBS for PGDM?
In a developing nation, there’s a never-ending demand for smart, hardworking, and qualified professionals. At GIBS, we offer a consistent and transparent placement process, which is created to meet the ambitions of the graduating students and serve the interests of the recruiting companies. GIBS endeavors to meet the expectations of a broad spectrum of industries and uniquely skillful students. GIBS has seen its students doing remarkably well as budding managers during the internship process while bagging some hefty pre-placement offers (PPOs) from diverse organizations.
Recently, GIBS was ranked 28th best B school by CSG (competition success review) for outstanding B-schools of Excellence in India. Also, it bagged 15th place in the list of Best Private B Schools in Karnataka by CSR (competition success review).
Today, every other organization has branches across the globe. Therefore, GIBS, with its programme, gains an international perspective and international exposure during the PGDM course. A few of the esteemed International universities with which GIBS has tied up are as follows:
- Nottingham University, UK
- Stevenson University, USA
- Lincoln College, US
- Lincoln University, Malaysia
- Putra Business School, Malaysia
Moreover, to enhance their academic performance and gain more knowledge, PGDM students get 5 to 7 days of international tours during their course. This tour includes workshops, guest lectures, industrial visits, sightseeing, and university visits.
Pursue your dream PGDM Programme! Take these next steps today. Apply Online!