CAT 2022 – What are the best options other than IIMs?
When it comes to management education, people immediately think of IIMs. But IIMs are not the only management colleges that provide quality education. Apart from IIMs, India has a plethora of top business schools. Every student who aspires to pursue a management course is worried about getting enrolled in a recognized university in India. If, due to any reason, he cannot reach the high cut-off for CAT, he becomes disheartened and loses hope that life can offer him success. However, students do not need to go to an IIM to be successful in life. There are many other top management schools in India besides IIMs that offer high-quality education and great job placement.
Think Beyond IIM
Every candidate who aspires to take admission in an MBA or PGDM programme dreams of doing it at a top-ranked management institute. The high cutoff and high demand of IIMs put brakes on their dreams. If a candidate can’t get into an IIM, they can try to get into one of India’s top private management colleges, which are just as good. Many non-IIMs are ranked on par with IIMs and are no less than IIMs with respect to curriculum, projects, assignments, internships, learning experiences, and infrastructure. Admission to those top private management schools is not difficult. If you miss out on getting into top IIMs, now you have multiple options to choose top B-schools that are as competent as IIMs. To achieve this goal, it is important to evaluate IIMs and select an institution wisely from their available options.
To advance your career in business management successfully and enjoy long-term success, pursuing a PGDM degree could be your ticket to success. But you must research. The most important question you should ask yourself is which PGDM college you want to apply to. And perhaps the most mysterious aspect is that each business school claims to be the best. Therefore, in-depth research becomes more important.
Seven criteria to choose a good non-IIM college
Here are the top criteria we suggest to make your research process easier. Based on these parameters, you can easily choose a good IIM college. These seven criteria are:
- Find the most suitable specialization programme for you: Specialization is the most important criterion in determining the best PGDM college. List specializations or fields that are a good fit for your career goals. This will help you narrow down the list and get a better understanding of what the college has to offer. The next thing is to check the eligibility criteria. You must determine whether you are a good fit for their process.
- Always check the college’s ranking and affiliation: The ranking of the college is important to consider when choosing the best PGDM college. Always choose colleges that are affiliated with AICTE or AIU. You should also find out if the college is connected to a well-known university or not.
- Check out the training and teaching methods: Pursuing a PGDM is important to enrich your educational experience and broaden your outlook. Students learn to become skilled professionals through case studies, industry experts, competitions, hands-on projects, and group work.
- Calculate the return on investment: Even the best B-schools in India are useless if they are unable to provide adequate placement opportunities upon course completion.
- As part of your research for completing a PGDM at a specific business school, it is crucial to determine your expected earnings after graduating and what the return-on-investment (ROI) calculations might look like. ROI measures the return from any investments against costs incurred to produce them.
- Locate Your B-school: Locating a business school in any major city provides many advantages. This is because the number of firms visiting the campus is huge, which creates a lot of opportunities. Companies often find it easier to hire management graduates from institutions closer to their own headquarters. Bangalore-based B-schools consistently outperform those located elsewhere.
- Assess Infrastructure and Facilities: A good business school must offer well-furnished classrooms, libraries, auditoria and on-campus accommodation to students so they can utilize library and laboratory facilities whenever necessary and receive advice from instructors as required. Choose a business school that provides the optimal learning environment.
- Reach out to the alumni: The alumni not only represent the placement performance of the institute year after year but also the sustainability and progress of the institute over time. Check out the alumni profiles on these schools’ websites to learn about their current endeavors. If possible, interact with them to get a better understanding of how the programme helped them.
A Top Non-IIM B-School That Accepts CAT Scores
As a candidate, it is important that you choose the best course and business school for your career goals. Global Institute of Business Studies (GIBS) in Bangalore is a top non-IIM B-school that meets all the above criteria for choosing the best non-IIM accepting CAT scores. The industry-focused PGDM programmes of GIBS Business School, Bangalore, prepare students for the ever-changing business environment. Furthermore, its distinctive PGDM programme focuses on providing a future-ready understanding of business concepts and principles. GIBS is counted among the best business schools in Bangalore. If you need help determining whether a full-time management programme at GIBS is right for you, please call the GIBS Helpdesk.
GIBS Business School is an Exclusive Business School offering PGDM – AICTE Approved Program & BBA – Bangalore University Program. GIBS Has been considered as a Top Business School in India with the Best ROI College in Bangalore. GIBS has Ranked TOP 10 Business Schools in India under Management Category. Being a Best PGDM/MBA Colleges in India GIBS’s 70% focus will be on Practical Exposure. GIBS Accept CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA Entrance Test with a minimum 60 percentile. GIBS is promoted & Driven by IIM Alumni and being a Top B School in Bangalore our Focus will be on the Holistic Development of IQ, EQ, SQ & HQ. GIBS is a preferred choice for the Management student because GIBS IRE School & Finishing School is one of the unique programs which provides the best placements for PGDM & BBA Students in Bangalore. To get PGDM/BBA Admission in Bangalore aspirants can call GIBS executives at any moment and clarify their queries.
When we talk about TOP 10 PGDM Colleges in India, GIBS is one amongst them and GIBS is a Non-IIM Member institution by CAT 2022 and GIBS ranked in TOP Business School Category by Top B School Survey’s like Times of India, Outlook India, Forbes India, Complaintive Success Review (CSR) Etc. GIBS Ranked 9th Best B School for BBA Placement in 2022 and Considered TOP 10 BBA Colleges in India with Unique Teaching Pedagogy (50% Practical, 20% Field Work & 30% Theory).
GIBS always believe in seeing is believing and we bet that you will love the state-of-art corporate infrastructure you will also love meeting the team of innovative minds at GIBS who believe in spreading the Power of Positivity. Looking forward to meeting all of you in person at our campus. Thanks one and all.