CAT Registration 2024: Step-by-Step Guide to Apply
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a pre-requisite for gaining admission into the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and several other top B-schools in Bangalore and beyond. Every year, a large number of MBA aspirants aim to crack this exam to secure a seat in these esteemed institutions. If you are one of them and are preparing for CAT 2024, the first step is to understand the CAT registration 2024 process. In this blog, we’ll walk you through a detailed step-by-step guide on how to apply for CAT registration 2024.
Visit the Official CAT Website
Start by visiting the official CAT website. Here, you’ll find all the necessary information related to the CAT registration 2024, important dates, eligibility criteria, and the link to the registration portal.
Create a Profile for CAT Registration 2024
You need to create a profile before you register for CAT:
- Click on the ‘Register’ or ‘New User Signup’ link.
- Provide your name, email ID, and mobile number, and set a password. Ensure you use a valid and functional email and phone number as all CAT registration 2024 communications will be sent there.
- Once done, click ‘Submit’. You’ll receive an OTP on your registered number for verification.
Log in to the CAT Website
After successful profile creation:
- Log in using your registered email ID and password for CAT registration 2024.
- Click on the ‘Application Form’ tab.
Fill in Personal Details
Enter all your personal details accurately:
- Name, date of birth, gender, nationality, category (General, SC, ST, etc.), and other relevant details.
- Provide your communication details, including address, mobile number, and email ID, for CAT registration 2024.
Enter Academic Details for CAT Registration 2024
Fill in your academic qualifications:
- 10th and 12th standard details, graduation details, post-graduation (if applicable), and any other higher education.
- You’ll also need to provide details about any professional degrees or certifications you possess.
Work Experience (if any)
If you have any work experience, furnish the details:
- Name of the organization, duration of service, job role, etc.
- This section is optional for CAT registration 2024, and you can skip it if you don’t have any work experience.
Choose Test Centers for CAT Registration 2024
Based on your preferences, select your test center:
- You may be allowed to choose more than one test city in the order of your preference.
- While the authorities will do their best to allot your first choice for CAT registration 2024, sometimes it might be necessary to give you a secondary choice based on availability.
Upload Required Documents
Depending on your category, you’ll need to upload:
- Passport-size photograph.
- Category certificates (if applicable).
- Ensure that all documents are in the prescribed format and size for CAT registration 2024.
Payment of Registration Fee
Once all details are filled in, proceed to the payment section:
- The fee might vary based on your category.
- Most common payment methods are usually available – credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI, etc.
- Make sure to save a screenshot or receipt for CAT registration 2024 for future reference.
Review & Submit
Before submitting, thoroughly review all entered details to avoid any mistakes. After making sure everything is correct, click on the Submit button. You will receive a confirmation on the registered email ID and mobile number.
Download & Print the Confirmation Page
After successful submission, download and print out the confirmation page for CAT registration 2024. This will serve as proof of your registration.
Remember, it’s essential to apply well before the deadline to avoid any last-minute hassles. Keep all required documents handy before starting the CAT registration 2024 process to ensure a smooth application.
Best of luck with your CAT 2024 registration and preparation!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Typically, a candidate should have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST, and PWD candidates). Final year students can also apply, provided they meet the minimum percentage upon completion.
Generally, after the final submission, only specific fields can be edited during the correction window. Always check the official guidelines to know which fields can be modified.
On the login page, there's a 'Forgot Password' option. Click on it, and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number to reset your password.
No, there is no age limit for appearing for the CAT examination.
There is no restriction on the number of times you can appear for CAT. As long as you meet the eligibility criteria, you can attempt the exam.