Importance of Soft Skills in Business and PGDM(MBA)
Soft skills are personal characteristics that enable individuals to interact more effectively and harmoniously with others. Due to a rapidly shifting business environment, these soft skills have taken on increased significance today; organizations require people not only to possess technical expertise but also possessing excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership capabilities.
Soft Skills – The Present Demand
Demand for individuals possessing strong soft skills has seen exponential growth over time. A survey conducted by Harvard Business Review revealed that 90% of top executives believed soft skills are becoming increasingly significant within business today; not only do senior positions require these traits; even entry-level workers should possess both technical and soft abilities in equal measures.
Businesses today face numerous challenges and to meet them they require employees who can work effectively in teams, communicate clearly, handle stress well, and possess positive attitudes. Soft skills help individuals collaborate harmoniously with one another which improves overall productivity within an organization.
Important soft skills for PGDM(MBA)
For MBA(PGDM) students, it is crucial to possess a good mix of technical and soft skills. Some of the important soft skills for MBA graduates are:
- Communication skills: Good communication skills are vital for MBA(PGDM) graduates, as they are often required to present ideas, negotiate deals and build relationships with clients.
- Interpersonal skills: PGDM(MBA) graduates should be able to work effectively in teams, understand others’ perspectives and be able to resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: The business world is rapidly changing and MBA/PGDM graduates must be able to adapt to these changes quickly and effectively.
- Leadership skills: PGDM/MBA graduates should possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and guide their team toward achieving common goals.
Problem-solving skills: Effective problem-solving skills are crucial for PGDM/MBA graduates, as they are often faced with complex business challenges and must be able to find innovative solutions.
How To Develop Your Soft Skills
Enhancing soft skills requires effort and commitment from you. Here are a few ways you can increase them:
- Seek feedback: Ask for feedback from colleagues, mentors, and supervisors in order to identify areas for improvement and understand how others perceive your communication and interpersonal skills.
- Practice active listening: Make an effort to listen and understand others’ points of view before asking pertinent questions.
- Network: Attend industry events, conferences, and networking events. By engaging in new conversations and honing interpersonal skills, this event will enable you to meet new people and expand your network of contacts.
- Take on leadership roles: Volunteer for leadership positions at your workplace or community to build your leadership abilities while understanding teamwork’s importance.
- Read: Reading books, articles, and blogs on soft skills, communication, and leadership will give you a deeper understanding of these areas and help identify any areas where improvement might be necessary.
Why Should B-School Focus on Soft Skills
Business schools like GIBS Business School play an invaluable role in shaping future leaders of the business world, which makes it crucial that they place equal emphasis on developing soft as well as technical skills in students. Here are several reasons why soft skills development should be prioritized at business schools::
- Improves employability: Business schools that place emphasis on developing soft skills help their students become more employable. Today, companies seek employees with technical proficiency as well as strong communication and interpersonal abilities; therefore, by emphasizing soft skill development business schools can equip their students with essential job market-relevant abilities.
- Enhances overall performance: Soft skills play an essential part in an individual’s overall performance. They enable them to work efficiently within teams, communicate clearly with colleagues, manage stress effectively, and maintain positive attitudes, all of which add up to greater overall success for an individual. By focusing on soft skills, business schools can promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork among their students.
- Promotes collaboration: Soft skills help individuals to collaborate and work harmoniously with others, which in turn helps in improving the overall productivity of the organization. By focusing on soft skills, business schools can promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork among their students.
- Prepares students for the real world: Business schools should prioritize developing soft skills as these are crucial in real life. Students who possess strong soft skills are better able to navigate an ever-evolving business environment.
- Fosters personal growth: Soft skills development not only benefits individuals in the workplace, but it can also support personal growth and overall well-being. Business schools that emphasize soft skills development assist their students with cultivating a positive self-image, improving communication abilities, and creating more harmonious relationships among peers.
Soft skills in business cannot be undervalued, and GIBS business schools play a pivotal role in shaping tomorrow’s leaders of the industry by cultivating soft and technical abilities simultaneously in their students, equipping them with essential capabilities that enable them to thrive in an ever-evolving business landscape.
The Global Institute of Business Studies (GIBS) Finishing School is a business school located in Bangalore, India that offers management education to its students while emphasizing overall development through industry-relevant skills and knowledge acquisition.
The Finishing School at GIBS offers various programs in the fields of management and leadership, such Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM). The programs aim to equip students with practical knowledge and hands-on experience through case studies, industry visits, and project work.
GIBS Finishing School has earned an excellent reputation for offering quality education and preparing its students for successful careers in the corporate world. Their faculty of experienced faculty members provide students with a complete learning experience in an innovative campus setting.
GIBS Business School is an Exclusive Business School offering PGDM – AICTE Approved Program & BBA – Bangalore University Program. GIBS Has been considered as a Top Business School in India with the Best ROI College in Bangalore. GIBS has Ranked TOP 10 Business Schools in India under Management Category. Being a Best PGDM/MBA Colleges in India GIBS’s 70% focus will be on Practical Exposure. GIBS Accept CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA Entrance Test with a minimum 60 percentile. GIBS is promoted & Driven by IIM Alumni and being a Top B School in Bangalore our Focus will be on the Holistic Development of IQ, EQ, SQ & HQ. GIBS is a preferred choice for the Management student because GIBS IRE School & Finishing School is one of the unique programs which provides the best placements for PGDM & BBA Students in Bangalore. To get PGDM/BBA Admission in Bangalore aspirants can call GIBS executives at any moment and clarify their queries.
GIBS always believe in seeing is believing and we bet that you will love the state-of-art corporate infrastructure and you will also love meeting the team of innovative minds at GIBS who believe in spreading the Power of Positivity. Looking forward to meeting all of you in person at our campus. Thanks one and all.