MBA in marketing as a rewarding career
Among the most desired degrees and professions, MBA is said to be one of the best of them. Post-globalization, when employers always seek the best professionals with innovative and creative ideas, they always look for MBAs with marketing degrees. Most of the business houses have their own in-house online marketing facilities and hence these organizations always try to appoint professionals with MBA marketing. Such Professionals have the capability to attract more customers and help to boost the turnover. Marketing is the heart of every business organization hence, professionals in marketing can always do the best job for the organization.
Study papers offered in MBA with marketing as a specialization
When a student opts for doing specialization in MBA marketing, then he or she must know what they need to study within this course. The courses in an MBA specialization include
- Studies relating to marketing management
- Sale force management and its applications
- Strategies for marketing channels
- Conducting operations management within an organization
- Brand strategy and consumer strategy within an organization
- Areas relating to the Internet, technology, retail management
- Market strategy and forecasting
So, from the course details, it can be noticed that a marketing student can work in a lot of areas. Whether it is IT or retail, in every field the demand for a marketing manager is noticeable. So, every student can select their area of specialization.
Scope of marketing management
In the recent days of globalization, the demands of marketing managers have enhanced a lot. Almost all over the world, there are many corporate houses that always look for the best managers for doing marketing for them.
Candidates can choose any area of specialization in this field. There are a lot of career options that a student with an MBA can easily opt for. In almost every type of industry, professionals in MBA marketing are hugely appointed. In various sectors like banking, tourism, media, advertising, etc the demand for professionals in MBA marketing is getting raised hugely, and hence marketing professionals can see more hope in getting the best job in all these sectors. Other than working in various industrial sectors, an MBA professional can also work in educational fields too. All these sectors offer a good package to the professionals.
Excellent job opportunities
Both in the private and Government sectors, an MBA professional can get jobs with good packages. MBA in marketing can try for having a good job in direct marketing or also in digital marketing. Previously, the concept of marketing was only based on door-to-door sales. But, at present the concept has widened a lot.
With the advancement in the field of technologies, MBA professionals with marketing specialization can be a part of digital marketing in recent days. E-commerce has gained huge popularity in recent days and there are lots of areas where an MBA professional is having lots of job opportunities. The areas like social media, search engine optimization, PPC marketing, web designing, etc have become hugely popular in recent days. Let us take a look at the most prestigious positions where these professionals can get huge job opportunities.
- Marketing manager: To responsibility of a marketing manager is to take care of the day-to-day marketing activities within an organization
- Brand manager: Framing the necessary brand strategy is the duty of a brand manager.
- Asset Management: Taking care of tangible assets within an organization is the duty of a manager relating to asset management
- Corporate sales: Corporate sales manager has the duty to look after the matter relating to the maximization of profit
- Market research analyst: A market research analyst is required to collect all the necessary data relating to customer preferences and needs.
- Media planner: to achieve the best marketing result through campaigning, a media planner is always necessary.
- Product manager: a product manager within an organization is always the CEO of the product within an organization.
- Manager in digital marketing: In this present age, digital marketing is becoming extremely famous. Carry-on the services like Search engine optimization, PPC, marketing through social media, etc are the best areas where marketing managers are doing well.
Skills required to become successful in the marketing profession:
The skills which are the determining factors for the success of any MBA in the marketing field can be discussed below.
- Every MBA should have excellent communication skills so that they can interact with customers and other persons effectively. Depending on their effective communication skill it will be easier for an organization to boost up the sales.
- Every manager in the field of marketing should have the ability of strategic thinking and planning. This is one of the most significant criteria which can help a lot in the development of any business.
- The ability to convince others is one of the most significant factors which should every marketing manager possess. This feature will help in making the product popular among the customers.
- Decision-making and solving problem is another necessary criterion that every marketing manager should follow.
Those are the basic feature or skills that a professional with MBA in Marketing should possess.
Besides the rising demand for marketing managers, the salary structure of professionals in this field has become quite attractive. Starters from a good B school can easily get about 3.5 lakhs to about 6 lakhs and can subsequently rise to about 10 lakhs based on their performance in 2-3 years.