PGDM Business Analytics degree is a 2-year degree program designed to teach students how to collect and analyze data to gain business insights and formulate plans for their businesses. The PGDM Business Analytics syllabus covers subjects such as Financial Accounting, Financial Analytics, Managerial Economics, Optimization Analytics, and Statistical Analysis. The PGDM Business Analytics program combines skills, technologies, applications, and processes used by organizations to gain insight into data.
PGDM in Business Analytics Course Highlights
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Short Name: PGDM in IB
- Course Level: Post Graduate
- Course Type: Diploma
- Course Degree: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Specialisation: Business Analytics
- Course Duration: 2 years
- Internship: Mandatory
- Course Mode: Full Time
- Examination Type: Trimester Pattern
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree
- Admission Process: merit-based, entrance exam scores
PGDM in Business Analytics: Course Eligibility
- Candidates are admitted to the PGDM in Business Analytics programme based on their performance in entrance tests.
- Candidates must take tests like the CAT, MAH MBA CET, XAT, etc. that are given at the national, state, or institute level.
- The admission test serves as a screening mechanism to narrow down the pool of potential candidates.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must thereafter attend the GD or PI round at their preferred college.
- Candidates are chosen based on how well they perform in both the entrance exam and the interview.
Why You Should Consider a PGDM in Business Analytics?
- Accelerating and improving decision-making: As businesses collect more and more data, there is a growing need for Business Analytics professionals and information scientists who hold a PGDM degree.
- Adopting business strategies that align with company goals: In order to be a successful business analytics professional, you need to have the right understanding of the business you are in, detailed information about the domain, and knowledge of key performance metrics. PGDM in Business Analytics includes a number of skills training as well as theoretical information.
- Getting insights into business clients and customers: Business Analytics careers offer a wide variety of challenges every day. Adapting to completely different environments to fulfill the client’s needs is a skill you learn. It gives you a deeper understanding of skill development and helps you expand your information base.
- Multiple Career Prospects: You have a wide range of career options available to you if you decide to pursue your PGDM in Business Analytics. The opportunities are endless when it comes to business intelligence positions, from those at analyst level to those in the managerial levels.
- A bright future and higher salaries: With every passing day, there is an increasing demand for business analytics professionals and knowledge scientists to work in the field. It is becoming more and more apparent that experts in business analytics are in short supply due to the growing inclination towards knowledge. Fewer professionals in the trade allows for higher salaries to be offered.
Top 5 Career Options After a PGDM in Business Analytics
- Data Analyst: The job of a data analyst involves collecting and evaluating data based on sales numbers, market research, logistics, and other details. Taking this approach allows the organization to make intelligent business decisions. It is common for data analysts to communicate with data scientists, IT staff, and management to determine the goals of an organization.
- Business Analyst: Identifying and analyzing requirements, documenting and facilitating communication among all stakeholders, and analyzing the impact of changing business needs are all tasks performed by business analysts. As a result, opportunities in this sector have grown in nearly every domain.
- Predictive Modeller: A predictive model is a program that makes predictions based on data fed into it. The predictive modeler is the person who creates these models. It is also important for them to have adequate knowledge of statistics, analysis, and technology. It is a relatively new and niche profession, so attractive salaries are offered to eligible candidates.
- Chief technology officer: In this executive level position, it is essential to have a deep understanding of technological trends and how they can be applied to building business strategies. The chief technology officer is a master of strategic thinking and technological analysis as he or she seeks to ensure that the organization stands out in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Market research analyst: In order to gather and evaluate significant market intelligence to help an organization market their product or service in the best way possible, market research analysts compile complex reports, spreadsheets, surveys, and opinion polls. Monitoring and forecasting the effectiveness of these strategies requires an understanding of statistical software and techniques.
Future Scope of a PGDM in Business Analytics
The scope of a PGDM in business analytics is huge and can open up a whole host of lucrative career opportunities for you. There has been an increase in the demand for business analytics professionals in recent times as digitization has become the buzzword, with technology and information being used everywhere from grocery outlets to sophisticated malls, resulting in an increase in demand for analytics professionals. According to statistics, billions of connected devices generate billions of terabytes of knowledge square measures every hour, as a result of billions of device connections. As demand increases, experts are in short supply.
A wide range of job roles are available to candidates depending on their domain expertise, skills, and work experience. Multinational companies from a wide range of industries are demanding professionals with PGDMs in Business Analytics, including Financial Services, FinTech, Retail, IT & ITES, E-commerce, Business Strategy Consulting, Telecommunications, EduTech, HealthTech, among others. many others.
What makes GIBS different?
Top B-school in a top location
A qualification that will open doors
Exceptional student support
Unforgettable student experience
Access to academics with real business experience