Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing is a two-year course that provides students with a variety of knowledge and skills related to digital marketing. The syllabus of the PGDM in Digital Marketing includes classroom studies, computer lab work, introduction to digital marketing, creating, and planning a website, buying digital media, client orientation strategy and so on. It is specially designed to give the student an experience that goes beyond academics to benefit them personally and professionally. The course is rigorous and challenging, fine-tuned to meet the current trends and future needs of the industry while focusing mainly on marketing-related topics. So, it gives a full picture of the management industry and a full understanding of the field.
PGDM in Digital Marketing Course Highlights
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Short Name: PGDM in DM
- Course Level: Post Graduate
- Course Type: Diploma
- Course Degree: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Specialisation: Digital Marketing
- Course Duration: 2 years
- Internship: Mandatory
- Course Mode: Full Time
- Examination Type: Trimester Pattern
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree
- Admission Process: merit-based, entrance exam scores
Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing: Course Eligibility
- Candidates are admitted to the PGDM in Digital Marketing programme based on their performance in entrance tests.
- Candidates must take tests like the CAT, MAH MBA CET, XAT, etc. that are given at the national, state, or institute level.
- The admission test serves as a screening mechanism to narrow down the pool of potential candidates.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must thereafter attend the GD or PI round at their preferred college.
- Candidates are chosen based on how well they perform in both the entrance exam and the interview.
Why You Should Consider a PGDM in Digital Marketing?
- Digital marketers are in high demand: Due to the widespread understanding of the importance of digitizing business operations, advanced experts in the field of digital marketing are in increasing demand. The demand for digital marketers appears to be exceeding the supply. In this sense, digital marketing positions certainly have a wide range of career options.
- An easy way to start a career: A key aspect of Digital Marketing is the fact that individuals from diverse backgrounds can enter this field. As a novice Digital Marketer, all you need is a laptop, a strong internet connection, and good internet communication skills to get started studying and eventually practicing digital marketing.
- Develops entrepreneurship skills: Accredited institutions teach students certain skills related to digital marketing. Marketers who work in digital are self-starters, proactive, outstanding communicators, adaptable, and effective. Leadership and management qualities are automatically generated by these skills. Entrepreneurs stand out from their competition because they possess all these qualities.
- Excellent salary package: Digital Marketers are in high demand, and companies are investing more in them, resulting in higher salary packages. These are not salary packages for novice or amateur digital marketers, but rather for those who have taken the time to study digital marketing formally and understand it well enough.
- Creativity combines with work: Having an artistic vision and meeting targets and deadlines are two things that you can combine in digital marketing. Studying digital marketing will provide you with in-depth knowledge of its framework, but your creativity will be your own.
Top 5 Career Options After a PGDM in Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Manager: Those in charge of a company’s digital marketing operations are known as digital marketing managers. As part of their responsibilities, they develop digital marketing strategies and campaigns based on the company’s goals and objectives.
- Brand Manager: There is a high demand for brand managers in the job market. Brand managers are responsible for overseeing the marketing disciplines of a brand. Formulating brand strategies for the promotion of the brand or launching a new product is part of this process.
- Content Marketing Manager: In order to attract and retain an audience as well as increase website traffic, content marketers create valuable content and distribute it across relevant channels. A content marketer is responsible for a wide range of tasks, such as managing a blog, creating drip campaigns, copywriting, guest blogging, social media, and PR.
- SEO Analyst: The process of ranking a website on a search engine is called Search Engine Optimization. It is essential that anyone involved in SEO works on analyzing, reviewing, and optimizing websites organically.
- Media Strategist: A Media Strategist evaluates all available media channels and analyzes which one best suit the current needs of the company and creates ad campaigns accordingly. A media strategist should be able to distribute resources to target different types of audiences via various media outlets.
Future Scope of a PGDM in Digital Marketing
The potential of digital marketing is being realized by businesses that are becoming more digitally aware. In order to gain a strong online presence and sell their products and services, many companies are investing in digital marketing.
Copy, design, technology, social media, marketing, finance, and business development are all parts of digital marketing. In this way, all these aspects will also grow with the rise of digital marketing. These sub-sectors will have many jobs available, and students can make strong long-lasting careers in them. In addition to being really well paid, most jobs in digital marketing also offer great benefits.
What makes GIBS different?
Top B-school in a top location
A qualification that will open doors
Exceptional student support
Unforgettable student experience
Access to academics with real business experience