Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Business Entrepreneurship is a two-year, full-time programme. The programme is intended for entrepreneurs and managers of entrepreneurship. In entrepreneurship, the focus is on launching, designing, and operating a new business that sells products, services, or processes. Throughout the course, case studies and projects will cover a range of company sizes, stages, and global contexts to help the students understand real business issues.
PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management Course Highlights
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Management
- Short Name: PGDM in EM
- Course Level: Post Graduate
- Course Type: Diploma
- Course Degree: Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Specialisation: Entrepreneurship Management
- Course Duration: 2 years
- Internship: Mandatory
- Course Mode: Full Time
- Examination Type: Semester Pattern
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree
- Admission Process: merit-based, entrance exam scores
PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management: Course Eligibility
- Candidates are admitted to the PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management programme based on their performance in entrance tests.
- Candidates must take tests like the CAT, MAH MBA CET, XAT, etc. that are given at the national, state, or institute level.
- The admission test serves as a screening mechanism to narrow down the pool of potential candidates.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must thereafter attend the GD or PI round at their preferred college.
- Candidates are chosen based on how well they perform in both the entrance exam and the interview.
Why You Should Consider a PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management?
- Entrepreneurship training that leads to success: It helps you identify emerging market opportunities, identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and identify risk-taking behavior if you are an aspiring entrepreneur.
- Experiential learning: The course will give you the opportunity to gain practical experience. As part of the program, you will also have the opportunity to test your entrepreneurial skills in a variety of simulated scenarios and circumstances. Furthermore, it allows you to identify and analyze growth prospects, create a strong competitive strategy, and locate new ventures.
- Career opportunities are excellent: You will have access to a wide range of employment options after completing your MBA/PGDM in Entrepreneurship. Various sectors offer leadership opportunities, including business operations, finances, information security, accounting, and human resources.
- Top job roles: Business consultant, business sales manager, new venture developer, department manager, corporate supervisor, etc. are some popular career paths after graduating with a PGDM in Entrepreneurship.
- Holistic Personality Development: Entrepreneurship involves managing, planning, and growing a business in order to turn a profit, and taking on risks along the way. As a part of this curriculum, students must master skills such as public speaking, team building, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, time management, and business etiquette.
Top 5 Career Options After a PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management
- Marketing Manager: Marketing Managers are traditional roles in any organization. Job functions lead communications between the company and customers or industries. In order to increase profit and satisfy customers, marketing managers use data from marketing research to estimate demand for products, services and brands.
- Business Consultant: Business Consultants are professionals who specialize in particular fields. An essential component of this role involves identifying the client’s problems and estimating to work in a dynamic way to solve critical issues; reviewing financial statements; evaluating competitors; and developing new business models and presenting them.
- Financial Analyst: Analyzing financial data of prospective customers and planning for the company’s financial future are the responsibilities of a Financial Analyst. Basically, it is the analysis of income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements by evaluating business processes. Investing in diverse areas is also an important part of the process.
- Business Owner: Entrepreneurship is the modern trend for success. As a result, many aspirants opt to start their own business after completing their PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management. Nevertheless, patience and resistance are required during the first few years. As the firm grows and becomes self-sufficient, the schedule becomes lighter and more flexible than that of standard corporate professions.
- Coach and Mentor: Establishing yourself as an authority can be beneficial to you. As a result of combining all the knowledge you gained during the program, you will always have the option of coaching and mentorship. The possibility of creating your own courses or becoming an influencer is available to you.
Future Scope of a PGDM in Entrepreneurship Management
By learning more about entrepreneurship, trainees can create new jobs through education and create new businesses. By taking the course, students learn how to be entrepreneurs who could help the economy grow in a steady way.
The path to becoming an entrepreneur can take many forms: starting a new business idea, buying a franchise, buying an existing business, setting up a work-from-home business, or becoming a consultant.
Additionally, you can start your own business or work in an industry. Being a business consultant allows you to help others start and grow their businesses. In addition, you can do your market research and become a marketing manager.
What makes GIBS different?
Top B-school in a top location
A qualification that will open doors
Exceptional student support
Unforgettable student experience
Access to academics with real business experience