Many people pursue a PGDM in finance following graduation because of the opportunities for a high-paying, long-term profession. This course is aimed at expanding the financial management expertise of qualified individuals. The PGDM in Finance course is best suited for those who are already working in the financial services business or who aspire to enter it. It gives a thorough understanding of assessing cost centres, organisational expenditures, and developing effective balance sheets.
PGDM in Marketing: Course Eligibility
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any subject, such as BE, BSc, BBA, BCom, BCA, BA, etc.
- Candidates in their last year of study are also eligible to enrol for the examination.
- The candidate must earn a passing score on the admissions examination. In the absence of this, the applicant will not be allowed.
- Along with academic credentials, work experience and internships are also very important in the process of choosing candidates.
- Candidates must take tests like the CAT, MAH MBA CET, XAT, etc. that are given at the national, state, or institute level.
- An admission test is a screening tool that helps narrow down the number of people who could apply.
- Those who have been chosen must then go to the GD or PI round at the college of their choice.
- Candidates are chosen based on how well they perform in both the entrance exam and the interview.
Why You Should Consider a PGDM in Marketing?
- Finance Is Everywhere: Every business, every nation, and the whole world rely on financial resources to function. Therefore, if you have a degree such as a PGDM in finance, you are an expert and will have numerous options in life.
- Being a part of a dynamic field: The financial sector is a cutting-edge sector of the economy. In your PGDM in Finance programme, you will study everything there is to know about this dynamic business and how it adapts to new trends and technology.
- Focus on Holistic Development: The PGDM in Finance programme is meant to emphasise the holistic development of its students. Students learn about the banking business, but they also learn how to work well in a team, be a good leader, and talk to other people.
- Several job opportunities: From investment bankers to financial analysts, there are many jobs to choose from in the finance industry. There are so many employment alternatives available that you can pursue your true calling.
- Financially rewarding: Finance experts are among the highest-paid professionals. These positions also provide several advantages and financial incentives. The course will also teach you how to negotiate well, which will help you get a salary that meets your needs.
Top 5 Career Options After a PGDM in Marketing
- Public Accounting: Accounting is a large field of study and practice that includes a variety of financial services. It entails documenting and maintaining the flow of money for a government agency or private business. Their corporate and government partners all over the world get help with things like auditing and attesting, tax consulting, business advice, internal control, and governance.
- Corporate Finance: Corporate finance is about finding ways to get money, making decisions about investments, and reorganising capital. Professionals in corporate finance are employed in junior and senior positions based on their educational background, acquired abilities, and areas of interest. You would be required to have a flair for numbers and apply it to managing money, optimising return on investment, developing intelligent budgeting solutions, etc.
- Investment Banking: Investment bankers are accountable for financial restructuring duties. Their duties include dealing with data and figures and implementing business-improving choices. Typically, investment banks recruit interns and prospective associates from prestigious universities.
- Portfolio Management: Portfolio management is a mix of business and science because it requires knowledge of business, math, and analytics. As a portfolio manager, you focus on the whole investment mix of your customers, whether they are individuals or institutions.
- Risk Management: Professionals in risk management are able to spot market hazards and recognise unsatisfactory investment outcomes. Their major responsibility is to strategically optimise earnings and reduce risks. In order to accomplish this, they utilise their mathematical brilliance and analytical reasoning abilities to advise customers on a variety of commercial concerns.
Future Scope of a PGDM in Finance
Finance plays a critical part in all types of organisations, including large, small, medium, and micro-sized businesses. You may start your career as a manager or an entry-level worker, but you will eventually move up to manager and senior positions.
In recent years, the global financial crisis has made a PGDM in Finance an appealing choice for prospective students, boosting the PGDM finance field. During the financial crisis, several financial institutions and corporations recruited managers and analysts to secure their assets. As a result, the number of financial experts and PGDM Finance graduates has increased, and top organisations now give them substantial compensation packages.
What makes GIBS different?
Top B-school in a top location
A qualification that will open doors
Exceptional student support
Unforgettable student experience
Access to academics with real business experience