Information Technology (IT)
The PGDM in Information Technology is a postgraduate course that prepares students to manage Information Technology and Systems. The course aims to impart managerial and technical knowledge about analyzing, managing, and solving issues. Students learn topics such as IT project management, IT security, and risk management, BPO management, IT infrastructure management, e-business, etc. so that they get a thorough understanding of IT systems.
PGDM in Information Technology Course Highlights
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Short Name: PGDM in IT
- Course Level: Post Graduate
- Course Type: Diploma
- Course Degree: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Specialisation: Information Technology
- Course Duration: 2 years
- Internship: Mandatory
- Course Mode: Full Time
- Examination Type: Trimester Pattern
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree
- Admission Process: merit-based, entrance exam scores
PGDM in Information Technology: Course Eligibility
- Candidates are admitted to the PGDM in Information Technology programme based on their performance in entrance tests.
- Candidates must take tests like the CAT, MAH MBA CET, XAT, etc. that are given at the national, state, or institute level.
- The admission test serves as a screening mechanism to narrow down the pool of potential candidates.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must thereafter attend the GD or PI round at their preferred college.
- Candidates are chosen based on how well they perform in both the entrance exam and the interview.
Why You Should Consider a PGDM in Information Technology?
- Several job opportunities are available: As one of the most sought-after management programmes today, the PGDM in IT is in high demand. It is possible to find employment in several IT companies, as well as in the finance, taxation, and corporate sectors, among others. Regardless of which field an individual chooses to work in, employment prospects are not limited to the IT industry.
- High salaries and perks: This course will provide you with a wide range of job opportunities not just in India, but throughout the world. There has been a noticeable increase in international corporations coming to India for placements in recent years.
- Technical Knowledge of great value: Designed for future managers with a technical background who wish to develop business and leadership skills in order to advance in their career. As part of this course, students are required to have proficiency in sophisticated programming languages, as well as the ability to create complex software applications.
- A high level of demand: In addition, quality information technology managers are often hard to find, as they must understand the technology being developed well enough to communicate with technical staff members and explain technical issues to those outside the field.
- Opportunities around the world: The field of information technology is growing rapidly. The world is filled with opportunities for talented individuals. Postgraduate degrees in information technology provide you with a broad range of career opportunities. Depending on your needs, you can relocate and work from your dream home, or you can accept short-term contracts and move frequently.
Top 5 Career Options After a PGDM in Information Technology
- Management Analyst: As a management analyst, your tasks include conducting organizational studies and evaluations, designing systems and procedures, implementing measurement and work simplification studies, and preparing manuals to help management operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Software Project Manager: It is the responsibility of software project managers to organize and strategize software projects from beginning to end, from start to finish. The way software is developed employs iterative methodologies that may differ from the way other industries manage projects.
- IT infrastructure managers: IT infrastructure projects are defined by the scope of this role, plans are developed, stakeholders are interviewed and reports are sent to them, testing is conducted, and central performance indicators are tracked. Infrastructure projects can involve a variety of things, including networking, upgrading, or changing hardware, hosting, or cloud solutions.
- IT Help Desk Manager: NIT help desks are common in organizations of all sizes. They can either be the first point of contact for internal workers experiencing technical difficulties, or first point of contact for customers using technology services.
- Information Systems Security Managers: Managers who specialize in IT-related security are in high demand. Increasing cybersecurity shortages and a growing need for skilled managers have driven the need for skilled cybersecurity workers to reach epic proportions.
Future Scope of a PGDM in Information Technology
Various sectors have benefited from the Information Technology (IT) industry, which is driving world economic transformation. The PGDM in Information Technology allows students to gain an in-depth understanding of different aspects of the field.
After pursuing this specialization, there are numerous employment opportunities not just in India, but around the world.
Over the last few years, world renowned companies such as McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, etc. have been recruiting in India.
What makes GIBS different?
Top B-school in a top location
A qualification that will open doors
Exceptional student support
Unforgettable student experience
Access to academics with real business experience